"Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression. - Dr. Hiam Ginnot

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Time Well Spent

What an amazing journey we are accomplishing!  Finally doing it, for some of us we ran through this program quickly.  Others, we casually accomplished each class full of work and growth.  The point is that we have each finished.  I'm expecting this arrangement of balloons to fall from the sky or a choir to begin their final song when I hit that "send" button turning in my last assignment.  While that probably won't happen, the feeling of accomplishment and success during this journey is evident!



During my time at Walden, I have grown within my professional life.  Learning communication and how to better communicate in tough positions was a course that came at the most perfect time.  I recall having many challenges during that school year, and having coursework that directly related to what I was battling professionally gave me the encouragement and "know how" as to new tactics to use (that worked).  I feel prepared to do more within the early childhood field!  I am leaving this program with the encouragement that I can do it.  I am empowered that I am capable.  Most importantly, I believe it!



Thank you to each colleague that contributed either to postings that I made on the blog or discussion where you wrote responses and those that wrote challenges positions that caused me to research more and find our more details.  These types of experiences and cognitive growth will continue to be strengthened throughout my career!
Dr. Dartt, thank you for sharing your words of wisdom where needed while also asking challenging questions that required me to think "why".  Your direction throughout this course supplied feedback while also allowing us to choose for ourselves instead of forcing a one way thinking, thank you for allowing us to think and grow without forcing opinions on us.  I needed that!


My next goal is National board certification and continuing to develop my training status within the state of West Virginia (STARS Trainer).  Then on to my doctorate.  Life is a forever journey of learning and I do not want it to stop. 

Hoping to stay in contact with you, I was very encouraged when Reem sent an email about the facebook page information.  What a great avenue, that most of us are on daily, to stay connected and encourage each other!  Thanks Reem for thinking ahead and being proactive!  Also Walden has a FB page if you haven't already become a "fan" of their page.

Walden University's Early Childhood FB page

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    Congratulations! I really enjoyed exchanging comments over the past two courses with you. I have noticed that many others have mentioned learning about effective communication as having significant impact on their professional life. I couldn't agree more. I am really impressed with your desire to pursue National Board Certification. The though had crossed my mind a while ago; and reading your goal makes me want to revisit the idea. Thanks for your inspiration. I wish you all the best moving forward in your career, which I know will be an amazing success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,
    I love the Dr. Suess quotes! So appropriate. Best wishes for your future. If you ever want to discuss the STARS program just let me know. My email address is terris@nwirkey.org. My contact information including my phone number can also be found on our website http://www.nwregionalkey.org/ . Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete